Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Allowing Fear

 

If you had no fear, you would be perfectly happy living in this world. 

Michael A. Singer

I have been busy working on a yoga page and trying to promote this clump of flesh and yet to be evolved mind ...as a yoga teacher.  I am about to teach a community class and open up my teaching in other ways. It has been frustrating for all kinds of reasons. Ego fear has a lot to do with that.  Instead of just experiencing the process without any concern for outcome...just feeling what it feels like to create and do what I feel  I am called to do...teach yoga as I learn yoga....I am still getting tangled up in psyche.  How do I look?  What will people think or say? Who am I to teach yoga and promote myself as a teacher when I still have so much to learn?  I don't know enough. Oh, that isn't good enough!  I am not good enough! People will see how imperfect I am.  What then?  

It goes on and on and on.  I just want to teach and share what I have learned and continue to learn.  I teach because I want to learn.  I learn because I want to teach.  It is a gestalt thingy. I want the pure and direct  experience of doing so whether I  look like a fool and goof up royally or if I succeed in society's terms.  Fork society's terms lol.  I want this stuff that is finally starting to flow in me to take over and do the teaching but "me" is still in the way- whining and complaining, looking for attention and doing what it can so those old samskaras don't come up.  Why?  Because it is terrified...it is afraid of fear and wants to do what it can to avoid it.

Imagine if the people who created and did the most amazing things on this planet...like finding the cure for a life threatening disease, or sending a rocket to the moon, writing  a piece of literature that reminded people who they really were under their skins and made the world a better place, or composed a piece of music that brought people to their knees...allowed their fear of fear to get in the way of them experiencing Life.  The world would not be enjoying their creations right now! 

The thing is, we need to let go of those notions of pleasant and unpleasant, good or bad, right or wrong.  Fear, basic human fear, is neither a good thing or a bad thing...it just is.  It is biological part of being human. It comes in , we can experience it , be curious about it, explore it and then let it go...or we can do what most of us do: spend our lives fruitlessly trying to avoid it. We fear fear and we attempt to avoid it! There is no avoiding fear. It simply is a part of Life but we let our minds tell us there is and we listen to  what it tells us to do: Grab that!  Avoid that!  Go there! Stay away from there! Attain this! Push that away! etc etc

Fear of fear is in the way, preventing "me" from enjoying this experience.Fear is in the way because me is in the way. Fear of fear is of the "me" and the "me" is what is really in the way. I need to embrace this fear, explore it, experience it instead of resisting it....no matter how this all turns out.  It doesn't matter.  It is the experiencing that counts. Fear is worth experiencing!

Look forward to everything and then there will be no fear…be totally accepting of Life and all it offers [even fear].

Michael A. Singer (Somewhat paraphrased)

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( January 9, 2023) Total Openness-Total Joy.https://tou.org/talk-archive/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment