Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Real Guru

 Life is your real guru. It is challenging you to either move further away from Self or come back to Self. Life is your friend. Everything that happens in Life is an opportunity to get better at freeing yourself from yourself-dying to be reborn. page 171. 

I have a few more chapters to process through before complete my studying of living untethered. I read it for the first time in maybe a little over a day ( when I had opportunity to read), then I read it for the second time, bringing an underlining tool with me so I could mark the words or passages that most hit home. That took a week of using every reading opportunity I could. And this third read I am doing is taking a little longer because as I read, I am chewing up the teachings in my head so I can spit them out here. That is how I make sense of things. 

So in Chapter 34, Handling the Bigger Stuff, Singer encourages us to  look at the difficult situations in Life as a part of our practice.  We must be  willing to practice through them and learn. Our goal is not to close up and avoid the disturbances in Life (be they small or big), but to use them to come back to Self.  It is all about coming back to Self and processing Life through there. 

Coming back to Self, means getting through or getting rid of the "stuff" that is in the way.  What is in the way?  The big things in Life are not what is in the way...despite what the mind would have us believe. "Little me" is in the way...our tendency to personalize each thing that unfolds as if it is  unfolding for us, is in the way. Our blockages...our samskaras are in the way as well. We really do need to let them go...let our resistance to the things that tend to trigger them go so Shakti can flow freely. 

You are not supposed to be interacting with the world based on your blockages inside. ...If you allow that to happen you are going to make every decision based on based on what makes you feel better, which is likely not best for the situation at hand. page 172

Your underlying motive can't ever be about you. It has to be about serving what is happening in front of you. To the absolute best of your ability, you always serve Life as it unfolds in front of you.  page 173

Let go of the lower part of you, so you can express the higher part that is always in harmony with Life.

All is well.

Michael A. Singer ( 2022) living untethered. New Harbinger/ Sounds True


No comments:

Post a Comment