Friday, February 4, 2022

To my American friend, Safari MacIntosh. (Can I call you Mac?) ...I just want to let you know that I see you have been visiting . I see that you have crept  in again through the back door I left open,  leaving another trail  of old foot prints across the floor. By the  number of muddy prints on  the tile, fitting the same shoes size, I can tell  you were here before.  In fact, I know you have been  here quite often, searching through my cupboards and looking in my drawers. 

I am not quite sure what you are looking for.  I am not sure what you want from this place or if you ever found it.  I am not even sure who or what you are exactly.  You somehow are able to remain quite stealth like in your visits, appearing and then disappearing so quickly the security system can only resister you as a blurry shadow. You leave  nothing but traces of your foot prints and occasional finger prints as evidence that you indeed were here. Otherwise who would know? Who would care?

I care, only because I am not sure why you are coming in through the back door instead of the front...why you are sneaking in rather than accepting my open invitation. Your intention, it seems by how quickly you look around and are gone again, is not to visit me.  You have no desire to sit with me at the kitchen table over a cup of tea  and discuss those things that I so want to discuss with others. I am not even sure you know what type of house you entered and what the owner of that house is all about.  I don't think you care to know.  You have other motives in mind.  

That's okay... as long as your intentions here are not filled with malice or ill will. If you do not mean me or others harm, make yourself at home and help yourself to what I have in my cupboards. Just have a little respect for the property and the owner of this place, will ya, while you are here? 

It's all good

No comments:

Post a Comment