Friday, February 25, 2022

Is it Too Much to Ask for a Change in Life Circumstance?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

 Anatole France

I know it sounds like whining and complaining when I write  about being bombarded by life circumstances. In a sense, I suppose, that is actually what I am doing...whining and complaining.  Hmmm! 

Turning the Other Cheek

Beyond that "Oh Whoas Me!" rampage, however,  is my trying to say: yes...it is so important to accept and allow Life to do what she does without resisting too much. There is so much wonderful peace to be experienced when we let go of our struggle against life circumstance, when we stop judging and telling ourselves "This is wrong, bad, shouldn't be" and accept what is for what it is.  We need to stop defending and attacking Life and all she offers us.  I do believe that is what Jesus meant when He said to turn the other cheek.  He, in a sense, was saying "don't fight back because fighting back will not give you what you really need...peace." So that is why I have an image of me standing in a ring with my arms down at my sides while Life is throwing her punches in terms of challenge at me. 

No Victim; No Villain

In this analogy I am lost in a sense of "me-ness" and I am comparing "myself"  to others in terms of how much "more" I seem to have to deal with all the time .  I mean everyone has their struggles and really...struggle is just struggle. I just wanted to make a point how it seems that  challenges have been seemingly coming so frequently, so quickly and so intensely over the course of  my life  I don't seem to be able to recover from one crisis before another comes.  I find it mentally and physically exhausting even without the "reactivity" I learned to tame. I am not a victim though...I am making a choice to accept and allow the blows to come my way. And there is no villain...just Life doing what Life does. 

Is It Okay to Ask For More? 

I am also trying to say that I am simply wondering if there is a way to stop or slow down the blows, to reduce the amount of external challenge I am dealing with.  I don't want to fight back.  I want to accept what comes by  but if there was less challenge and more awareness of abundance than I would no longer perceive myself in a ring.  The "awareness" part is mine to do something about.  Most of the change required is internal and a matter of changing my perspective and perception. There is so much abundance around me already and I need to put my attention and focus on that. 

But...and this is where the but comes in... I just don't seem to notice that abundance  when I am so exhausted from dealing with challenge...so I am wanting my external situation to change to less challenge/more grace and ease...so it is easier for me to be aware of abundance.  I also want to see Life working with me in an obvious way so I can change this perception I have that Life  is against me. So I believe, and maybe erroneously, that if Life would change just enough to meet me while I do most of the work...I'd be less stressed and more happy? 

All the conditions I need for happiness are already in me and it  has so little to do with what is happening "out there".  I have a crap load of "de-conditioning" to do to get to the point where I believe, without doubt, that Life has my back. I figure it would be a lot easier to get there if  I could see one of my little dreams manifesting through all this challenge.  It might  take me to the ropes...hope...and maybe even give me the inspiration to climb over and get out of the ring (this perception) once and for all.

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment