Thursday, February 24, 2022

Depression

The wound is the place where light enters you.
Rumi


Question # 27: Why is there so much depression? 


Please note, that I am not an expert equipped to answer this question in anything but an opinionated way.  I am no expert on the DSM V or mental  illness. I am, however, a devoted student of the mind and my major, you might say, is on suffering. That is what I am attempting to understand and articulate...only what I am learning about suffering. Any diagnose-able illness, I believe,  can be included in the realm of suffering. All suffering, I have come to see, can lead us deeper into a higher and greater consciousness. Depression, then, may actually offer us a gateway for transcendence. 

Take everything I say please, with a grain of salt. 

If you are suffering from depression please seek the help of professionals or trusted experts.  

All is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment