Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Appreciating the Banquet of Life

 ...Let us consider the abundant banquet of Life spread before us in all its splendor.

Deepak Chopra (Day 6 , 21 Day Meditation on Abundance) 

As I consider and write about the ability we may or may not have to consciously change our external circumstances for the better, I once again run across this video from Eckhart Tolle. In it, he speaks about the role gratitude has on our ability to "manifest" some form of abundance. (see link below). He teaches in this video, like others do,  that in order to attain abundance we must be aware and grateful for the abundance that is already around us in this very moment.  Gratitude, he said,  is simply the amazed attention we place on those simple things we so often do not recognize or appreciate when we are focusing on that which we "do not" have or what we "are not"( usually in comparison with others). 

Life is indeed spreading a beautiful banquet before us in this very moment , right here.  What we think we are lacking...is just that..."thinking". When we are lost in scarcity consciousness and limitation, we are placing our attention on that which is not instead of focusing on the beauty and splendor of that which is.  In this very moment there is an abundant banquet spread before you...there is nature inside and outside your window in all her glory exemplifying this abundance.  I look out and I see snowflakes falling from the sky in abundance, each one unique and beautiful in its own right. I see an abundance of green against a lovely white landscape.  I look at the red roses in a vase beside me...( a Valentine's gift that is still flourishing with Life) They are abundant in the richness of colour, petals, beauty and delightful scent...surrounded by many, many tiny heads of baby breath that add to their beauty. I see a plant on the other side of me, given to me by a dear friend.  It is extending in an abundance of vines around my curtains, lights, lamps, walls and ceiling...it is clinging to the preciousness of Life recognizing its abundance.  I recognize abundance when I look at it...nature's bounty and resilience, the bounty of friendships that are dear to me. 




I am surrounded by pets most of my day. I often have five living, breathing beings gathered around me or on me as I write here. 

I have around me so many open notebooks with notes scribbled across the pages...so many words.  When used wisely these abundant  words can be transformed into something beautiful and life changing...with the potential of bringing abundance to others and myself. 

A trillion and some cells in this body and in yours.  Each cell working for the good of the whole.  How amazing is that?  We have hands that can hold a cup of tea, play itsy bitsy spider with our grandchildren, paint a picture or  hold the hand of someone in need.  We may  have feet that allow us to get from one place to another...if not we have equipment that allows us  to get there.  How many breaths do we breathe a day? How many times a day do our hearts beat?  That is abundance and each breath, each heartbeat is so miraculous and amazing...offering us the bounty that is life. 

As Deepak Chopra reminds us in one of his meditations..."Attention Energizes".  We need to start putting our attention on the abundance that is so we are energized by the splendor of Life.

All is well. 

Deepak Chopra ( March, 2021) 21 Days of Abundance. Spotify

Eckhart Tolle ( February, 2022) Gratitude: A Powerful Tool For Conscious Manifestation/ Rebroadcast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzARLjSuPBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment