Saturday, June 12, 2021

Time to Wake Up?

 Do you really need time to wake up spiritually? You need time until you realize you don't need time anymore.

Eckhart Tolle

Hmmm!  I listened to Eckhart Tolle this morning as I sat here with my tea and I was hit with little gems of wisdom that I scrawled down on paper.  Of course, I had to maneuver around my cat who loves to lie down on the paper I am writing on or right in front of my screen when I am typing. Do you think she is trying to tell me something lol? 

This one came from a question in the video below about manifesting awakening. Tolle answers the questioner with something like this, may be paraphrased: Don't regard awakening as a state to be acheived...don't attempt to manifest this awakened version of self. He went on to say that seeking or striving to arrive at this fully awakened state we might call enlightenment can become an obstacle to our waking up.  Why?  Because we do not go anywhere or attain anything by spiritual awakening. It is just a realizaton of that which is already here.

I know I am constantly saying, "I am not there yet", as if I am travelling down some linear path from the unawakened state to the awakened state that exists somewhere up there in the future. Tolle reminds us that "future" is merely a thought form.  So when we strive and seek some future goal of becoming awakened, we are pursuing a "thought form"...and this 'eyes ahead and forward' movement will prevent us from seeing and discovering what is already here and now.  The truth we think we are moving toward, this essence, this relaity of who we are, is already here.  It is simply a matter of realizing it.   We are, for that reason,   encouraged to stop seeking, stop striving and stop "doing" for the sake of trying to attain or achieve something we already have...heck... that we already are. 

Can not achieve being through doing. 

We need to realize that there is nothing to achieve or gain here.  Who we are in our essence is already complete, already One with Source, already awakened. We really do not need to "do" anything but see what we are. Yet, many of us still see it as a journey don't we. Maybe this type of conceptualization  will help us to deal with it better.  Maybe we could look at it as  a journey without time and a journey without distance.And it is not a solo journey. It is not about anything this "little clump of flesh" can do because....

The presence in you knows Itself

Remind yourself of this when you you catch yourself saying things like ,"I am not there yet.  I am getting there. Someday I will be awakened". 

It is like asking the Universe, that we are simply a part of, as if we are childen driving along some highway to some fun destination... "Are we there yet?" 

You know what the Universe will answer right? "Yes dear...open your eyes.  You have always been here.  We didn't have to go anywhere."

All is well.

Eckhart Tolle/Sounds True (2020) Conscious Manifestation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjX4IplPQuw

No comments:

Post a Comment