Thursday, June 10, 2021

Detached Creation

 Life needs to be a dance between creating and not getting lost in our creations.

Eckhart Tolle (somewhat paraphrased)

I am back to my sister's story...another 2000 words...going to reduce the time frame even if it strays from reality in order to create a flow in the plot sequence. I will see how that goes...no judgement, expectation or a need to control or know what will happen tomorrow. 

I am realizing, through reading Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind that it is not the effort that I am putting into this that counts but the meaning beneath the effort.  It isn't about getting published or having her story out there for others to read.  It is about being with her again, walking beside her again, laughing with her again and putting into words in some meager way her experience of life.  Maybe it is about showing her the empathy and respect I might not have shown her enough of  while she was alive. 

Those who are attached  only to the result of  their effort will not have any chance to appreciate it, because the result will never come.  But moment by moment your effort arises from its pure origin, all you do will be good, and you will be satisfied with whatever you do. (page 113)

I am on a life long jorney to understand the human mind ...therefore the human experience. I want to understand it enough to make peace with it. 

We each must find some way to realize our true nature. (page 130)

I use writing as a medium to that. Our inmost nature wants some medium, some way to express and realize itself. (page 129)

I just need to let go and let Life take the  reins of this project.  I am merely an instrument for it to work through. Sigh!  When will I truly get that?  


All is well. 

EckhartTolle (June, 2021) The Key to Conscious Creativity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXLqLhDDaI

Shunryu Suzuki (2020) Zen Mind, Beginners Mind 50th Anniversary Edition. Shambala/ Kindle


No comments:

Post a Comment