Sunday, June 13, 2021

Mid-Air Flight of Golden Wine

 That all I know of Life and myself, is that we are  just a mid-air flight of golden wine between His  pitcher and His Cup.

Hafiz

Hmmm! I am thinking about a lot of things these days...feeling, more than thinking I suppose... about the nature of Life and the suffering of others in this world. I have had a lot of people share with me in the last few days ...their anxieties, worries, fears, sadness and pain. I was very open to it at the time...so wanting to be there but I think it has all clung to me just a bit.  I am by no means regretting or resenting that some of it has stuck...this is, I believe, what happens when we are just beginning the opening up  process to compassion...it is a little messy maybe, at first. It is however, the reason why we are all here.  

I mean I am releasing some of the energy that has been coming my way too...with tears, just a light trickle,  that seems to come when I am listening or thinking or witnessing Life ,with all its sorrows and joys, play before my eyes and ears.   I am feeling more and more 'connected' to everythhing for some reason too. 

It was amazing this morning as I sat out  on the bench in my yard watching the life around me: hummingbirds flying back and forth from the feeder, the trees dancing and singing in the breeze, robin song all around me, a little field mouse running across my yard ( fortunately my cats...who will not keep their bell collars on...were in the house) and then there was 'my' crows. 

I believe crows to be amazingly intelligent birds and I have befriended a pair in the past ( they mate for life) but have lost touch with them over the years.  But a new pair have come to my awareness and I began the adventure of befriending them.  They see me sitting outside now and one will fly over head making its noises and perch somewhere  where he ( not sure of the sex)  can see me and I can see him.  I will go get some food and spread it on the ground while he watches....and he will stay where he is watching me to make sure it is safe.  Then he will call out to his mate who will fly over into a neighboring tree to scout for him as he lands to get food and they will take turns like that....getting closer and closer to me as they trust me more.  (We have some complications in our relationship that make this trust building a little more challenging...three dogs who like to chase crows). My last pair were a lot closer to me physically at this point but I am patient.  There is no doubt, that they recognize my bodily form and are attempting in some primitive way to communicate with me that they want food. The last pair I had befriended would literally follow me on my walks up the hill.  They would fly from one tree to the other  behind me, cawing away. It was really quite amazing.  I don't know what happened but I believe "I" (not them) zoned out of our erlationship because I was too busy "thinking" of other things.

Anyway watching "my" crows ( I am fully aware they are not mine lol) and the world before me this morning led to one of those tear trickles.  It was very nice to feel so human and so connected at the same time. 

We miss out so much on these little connections in Life when we are lost in our busy thinking and doing and that is sad.  All of it is so amazing, really....Life...with all its music, its beauty, its different beings and relationships,  its joys and its sorrows.  When we get lost in this idea that it is all about "me" ...we miss so much. 

It is not all about us.  

We are just wine being poured from the Master's Pitcher into the Master's Cup.  We are the mid air flight of Life expressing itself but  man, it can be a beautiful flight if we could  just open our eyes, ears and hearts to all that is. 

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment