Friday, June 25, 2021

In the Company of Friends

 

In the Company of Friends

When the chaos begins to swirl around me 

threatening to knock me down,

I seek their grounded  company.

I sit in amongst their warm circle,

absorbing their green strength 

and healing nature. 

They sing to me, 

in the most soothing 

of voices,

and whisper to me 

that it is all going to be okay.

Within their full maternal arms

I am rocked 

and protected from my dreams.

I lean in 

and they sigh 

with appreciation for my trust.

I let go 

They soak up my pain  

one precious drop at a time....

All that was problematic

all that was not real...

they breathe back to me,

 clean, and transformed

in beautiful breaths of

spacious and  refreshing air.



I seek the company of friends

so I can  breathe 

for the first time all day.

© Dale-Lyn (Pen) June 25, 2021 


No comments:

Post a Comment