Monday, June 28, 2021

As it Will

 Don't seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but wish that everything will happen as it actually will-then your life will actually flow well. 

Epictetus

Numbers are way down again and that oddly relieves me as much as it concerns me.  "Am I reaching all those I am supposed to be reaching?"... is replaced by, "Whew...Life is telling me I can do this for "me" again...so I learn what I am here to learn."  

Wishing everything to happen as it is happening...is a heck of a lot easier on the mind and body than wishing it will turn out a specific way. 

With no expectation...no judgement and no need to know what will happen next...is the way to approach each moment as it unfolds before us.  Opposition to what it provides only brings stress and damns the flow of life energy through us and around us.

We went away for a night this weekend ...I really thought I needed to get away from all the clutter of bodies, stuff, emotion  and circumstance that has been congesting my living space.  I guess...I went with a bit of expectation, judgement and a need to know what would happen next because ...I found myself dissatisfied with how things turned out at times and even complaining to some degree. I complained about the expensive motel room we booked that had a bathroom half the size of my bedroon closet...and an expensive meal at one of the restaurants that I could not eat. I reacted to the weather when the sun we left with turned into rain. I had "assumed" that getting away would perk me up and  all the less than favorable circumstances and negativity that was clinging to me would just slide off with each Km we got away from home base. ...but it didn't. I expected the weekend to "fix" everything in my head and heart.  I therefore made judgements that this or that was "bad, wrong and shouldn't be" when it didn't fix it and I began to spend a lot of the trip  planning and preparing for the next moment ahead.  Sigh!  I was pretty stuck in old ego ways. 

I realize after I observe myself in these situations that it is not the readership, the situations or what happens but my wishing it would happen a certain way that causes any so called suffering. Just allowing things to be as they are will make Life flow so much easier.

We need to start wishing that everything will happen as it will instead of how we demand it should. It needs to be "Thy will be done" rather than "my will be done". 

Any dissatisfaction I have with my stats, my trip or my present living sitautions has little to do with the trip events or weather  and little to do with my present set of circumstances, as challenging as they may seem to be to others. It has to do with what my mind is saying about them...that's all.

My thinking is the problem...not Life.  As Eckhart Tolle teaches in Achieving Happiness Beyond Thinking, true peace, joy, 'happiness' comes when we are able to transcend the trap of thinking so many of us are caught in. 

Hmmm!  All is well in my world.

Eckart Tolle (June, 2021) Achieving Happiness Beyond Thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCCi38nIVzA

No comments:

Post a Comment