Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Teacher's Gift

 You truly can reach a state in which you never have any more stress, tension, or problems for the rest of your life.  You just have to realize life is giving you a gift, and that gift is the flow of events that takes place between your birth and your death...Learn to stop resisting reality, and what used to look like stressful problems will begin to look like stepping-stones of your spiritual journey. 

Michael Singer, the untethered soul, page 155

Oh my goodness...my life feels like an advanced calculus class right now.  I know all the lessons and formulas I see scribbled up on the board are there to help me learn but man it is hard to see the learning in it. I can't help but put my hand up, wave it in the air and say, "Hey teacher...I need to remind you that I struggle with grade five math. Will you please slow it down just a bit?" 

To which Life, in all her wisdom, will respond as she smiles kindly down at me , "No...no I won't."  

Sigh... another complication to add to an already complicated situation presented itself today....and then another totally unrelated stressor appeared, a reminder of the suffering of others. 

Just challenge...just circumstance...just surface phenomena.  What I am expereincing as stressors are just the ripples on the surface of the still and calm, unruffled and placid waters of Life.  I might not understand the formulas on the board at first glance...especially if I try to do so with the conceptual mind which barely understands fractions and long division...but I do understand it at the deepest level.

I just need to stop resisting, toget still and quiet a little more often and I will make sense of the writing on the wall. I will see the gift in every life event that comes my way.


All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment