Thursday, January 28, 2021

My Favorite Day

"What day is it?" asked Pooh.

"It's today," squeaked Piglet.

"My favorite day," said Pooh.

A.A. Milne



This morning,  I came here before I did what I normally do in my practice.  I don't know why.  

I usually start every morning...and I absolutely adore my morning...at the dining room table surrounded by windows that allow the light and the outside world to pour through. I drink my tea, very mindfully. It is so lovely and peaceful. I  feel joy in those moments. 

Then I will listen to an inspirational speaker or read from an inspirational writer who adresses this idea of awakening...I may have my notebook open and I might jot down a few quoutes or key ideas that strike me in a way that tells me they are worth noting.  I sit with that for a while.  

I will take care of the household things ...feed the five furry residents of my home, and allow for cuddles and outdoor breaks.  I will fold my sourdough, get the dishes in the sink, tidy up a bit, put a load in the wash and make my own breakfast. 

Then I will meditate for about 20-30 minutes. That meditation may be guided or self directed...depending.  Right now I am doing chakra meditations and am listening to a wonderful series from Healing Camp...doing one chakra a day.

After that I will put on some Reiki or meditaton music and open all the windows in my house for a cleanse.  I will do a bit of walking meditation as taught by Thich Nhat Hanh., followed by the salutations to the sun. 

Then I will come here with the notes I took that day and open up this page.  For some reason, and I am not sure if this is ego but assume it to be, I will go through my stats page and reread what others wrote.  I tell myself , I am just evaluating the need for revision and editing (usually many typos and grammar mistakes lol) but part of me is checking to see if, "it was good enough". 

Ego is always looking to redeem itself, isn't it? Did I write that well?  Is it something to be proud of or ashamed of? Will it be heard?  I guess in those moments it is about "little me"? 

I check the number of readers for the day...that is what is important to me...not the readers in total.  In the last 24 hours ...how many readers did I get and how many and what  entries were read? 

If it was 30 plus entries read...that takes time to read through all of them and make corrections if I choose to. So I may be in the "evaluation" part of my coming here for over an hour.  I then get up and do a bit of stretching or exercise to get the circulation going.

By the time I have done all that...I open up to a new post...a little less "motivated" than I was before....a little less "fresh with new ideas" than I was when I first sat down. 

Hmmm...might have to start rereading after I write my morning entry.  On a positive note...I do learn from each thing I reread....and that is a major reason why I am here...to teach so I learn, to learn so I teach. 

Then...and only then...do I make myself open to the world...check in with loved ones, take care of business, answer texts and emails, meal prep, household chores, take dogs for a walk in the woods, go out if I need to etc. 

I have not been going to my other writing very often and I have to look into that.

My longer yoga practice is usually done before supper or an hour after supper.

D. and I eat together. And we will spend a quiet evening in front of our electric fire place, surrounded by our furry friends watching Net Flix or Prime  while I knit.  I knit what I call "intention scarfs" for others.  I try to be mindful of each stitch and send a positive and loving intention to the person I am knitting the scarf for or to the world at large.  This is good considering I am not the best knitter and if I am not mindful...I make a mess lol.  The imperfect finished products I have handed out so far show that I am not as mindful as I would like to be...maybe best to do this without trying to watch TV at the same time. Right now I am knitting a healing scarf for my daughter who recently lost her baby. 

I like to shower or bath before bed...helps to relax me. Bed time for me is anywhere between 11-12...depnding if I have a bread to put in and get out of the oven. 

Anyway...that is my day...even though you did not ask to hear about it. I think it was important for me to evaluate how I have been spending it becasue I have been wondering if I was spending my precious life in a worthwhile way? Are you spending yours in a worthwhile way?

So this small change in routine that I amde this morning is more or less showing me what I want to continue doing and what maybe I can change around a bit so every day  is filled with what is important to me. So that everyday will be, as it is for Pooh, my favorite day.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment