Thursday, January 17, 2019

Drop the Problematic Version of Life for the Real One

You are much more than the problematic life situation you insist on carrying around.
-Eckhart Tolle (somewhat paraphrased)


Do you get that yet?  I mean truly get that? We become so identified with our life situation and begin to see ourselves as them, that we tend to forget who we really are.  If the situation is challenging or what we insist on calling problematic...we are even more identified with it.  "I am broke."  "I am sick".  "I am alone."  "I am destitute."  "I am depressed.".  'I am an addict,"  "  I am desperate." etc etc. We walk around with our problematic life situations attached to us as if they are a part of us.

They aren't! We do not have to live like this.

Instead of being our life situation we can Be Life.  Beyond the circumstance, beyond the emotional and mental reaction to the circumstance (which usually involves struggle and resistance) is what we truly are: the essence of Life.

Once we stop labelling everything as a problem, once we stop creating story and thought around it, once we hold it out and away from us with "Right now, I have" rather than "I am," we step back into what we are. We are presence; we are consciousness; we are Life.

You are Life.  You do not have to be at the mercy of your external situations.  You do not have to get lost in what the suffering mind creates around it.  Instead you can just be what you are. There is freedom in that.  There is joy in that.  And there is wisdom in that.

Drop the problematic version of Life you insist on carrying and Be Life.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment