Sunday, January 13, 2019

Life is difficult.

Life is difficult.  That is a great truth, one of the greatest.  It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it.
-Scott Peck opening line of The Road less Travelled

Wow!  I remember reading this book almost twenty years ago and it was transforming, taking me farther along the path I am on now. I don't think, however, I truly got what this line could mean until recently.   I see now that Life is only difficult when we assume it shouldn't be.  It is our resistance to life situation that makes Life seem difficult.  I really, really get that now.

I also see that opening up to challenge and allowing it can , not only bring more peace into our lives, but it can take us to that primordial intelligence that exists in the stillness, in the silence, in the space that exists beyond our crazy mixed up thinking.

Hmm!  Something to think about on this chilly but sunny winter's day.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment