Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Albert Einstein

 
I love looking deep into nature.  That is why I like to photograph.  I have been looking for some great hummingbird shots this summer, like I was able to get a couple of summers ago...but my looking into nature did not allow for the greatest shots.  :)  Ego wants me to rationalize here by saying, "Do you have any idea how challenging it is to get a shot of something with that quick of a wing movement?  It is not my fault!"  
 
Oh ego...shut up!  I didn't get great shots because I was not "there" enough :).  I wasn't chosen lol.  It is all good.
 
I would sit outside in front of the feeder, waiting with my camera set at what I think would be the right aperture and shutter speed.  I would listen for the buzzing flutter of their wings and position myself accordingly...but it wouldn't matter unless...nature said, "It's time!" lol.  She said instead, "Go ahead but I am only reluctantly agreeing to sit still for you until you sit still more!" lol 
 
I will accept her reluctant participation with gratitude.  It is all good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment