Friday, March 3, 2023

Where God Is, You're Not!

 You do not have to struggle to  reach God, but you do have to struggle to tear away the self-created veil that hides him from you.

Paramahansa Yogananda, Autobiography of Yogi

I am getting so close to finishing, living untethered. I am reluctant to write the last few quotes here because I don't want to put it down.  Sigh! It was one of those books that I truly needed to read.  It offered exactly what I needed on this lag of my Life practice. Michael Singer's teaching resonated with me in a way few have.  (And I have done a lot of reading and studying over the years...so that is saying something.) I do have another book waiting for me: The Myth of Normal by Gabor Mate. Though I am so excited about reading it, I know it won't give me what this book I just finished did. I think it might take me back to body and mind focus...whereas  Singer took me beyond that.  Of course, I don't know.  I was called, sort of, to read Gabor Mate's book  too.  I knew I had to get my own copy; so I did. We will see what transpires.

So I opened this with a quote from Yogananda, a virtual guru, so to speak, of Michael Singer's and someone who fascinates me as well.  I actually had a copy of the book here before I heard Singer referring to him but when I went to get it I couldn't find it.  I am using a Kindle edition as I read this book along with living untethered. 

So I am still in the process of removing the veil, and as one can tell from reading my previous entry...it is not an easy thing to do. I as "me" have to get  out of the way. With every ego sting I experience, I am reminded "me" is not out of the way. Will it ever be? I don't know but I will keep trying. Will I ever be completely free of the need for the good opinion of others? I don't know. Will I ever be awakened enough to feel like a drop of water merging with the ocean? I don't know. Will I ever be enlightened? I don't know but I will keep trying.

I will never,  I know , be  awakened like the true masters, but if I can gain even a bit of peace, a bit of freedom, all this struggle to get through this veil will be worth it. 

Now for the final words of wisdom offered so eloquently by someone  who I would deem to be a master teacher :

Surrender to the flow. Give your Life to it. Merge into it, and it will take you the rest of the way. That is the final surrender....

If you let go of yourself on a daily basis, under all circumstances, you will find what is greater than yourself. That's the way it works: Where you are not, God is. Where God is, you're not.

Michael A. Singer

It is with great appreciation and a certain sadness that I close the cover of this book that has been such an important part of my Life practice for many months. Please, please read it for yourself. 

Thank you Michael Singer for sharing your free flowing Shakti with the world. 

All is well.

Michael A. Singer ( 2022) living untethered. New Harbinger/Sounds True

Paramahansa Yogananda (1st published 1946) Autobiography of a Yogi. Kindle Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment