Saturday, January 29, 2022

Storms of Life

 It is not  question if we will encounter a storm. But when and how we will navigate and survive the test.

Pat Day

We are buckling down in preparation for a "Nor'Easter' in my part of the world.  We are expecting a possible blizzard to blow through .  It will likely blow through hard, possibly blowing down power lines and leading to power outages.  Line ups in grocery stores, gas stations and hardware stores  will be long today. We know what to expect here and how to prepare. :) 

It is windy out there now.  I see my little Oak trees out front blowing this way and that as the snow begins to whirl around them.  Small flakes.  My Dad, who used to drive a snow plow in the winter months, always said you can tell how bad a storm is going to get by how big the snow flakes were...the smaller, the more warning offered by nature.  And one also has to watch the way those flakes come down...directed by the wind. A North East wind is a warning to take cover. Swirling is not good lol.  

The storm is descending over us...there is no doubt about that. I am okay with that reality. It is what it is.  Storms come and storms go...we have no choice but anchor down and get through them.

Hmmm!  I think of that as I think of the Life storms people are experiencing right now.  Someone very close to my children, a dear sweet soul, is struggling to stay alive after being hit with a sudden and strange neurological condition that has progressed to the point where she is fighting to breathe...She has gone from an active, cheery person to someone who cannot see, walk or talk ...all in a matter of weeks. And no one knows why. It pains me to think of her and those who love her suffering. And of course, because of COVID restrictions, she is alone in the hospital right now. 

I sat on my daughter's bed last night as she wept and I could do nothing but offer presence. I mean I am constantly praying and sending as much positive thoughts and feelings her way as I can...asking that all of them be surrounded by a warm blanket of love, peace and faith....I wish with all my heart  that they all find a precious anchor in this storm as it blows through their lives. 

 Regardless of how it turns out, may they find themselves firmly rooted in that which will keep them safe.   

Hmmm!  I hope that the energy of my intentions, at least,  does something positive. 

All is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment