Monday, January 3, 2022

No Poverty Inside

 No amount of riches can compensate for an inner state of poverty.

David R. Hawkins

Reading yet another book related to my present learning/teaching (see below).  You do know that it is "me" I am attempting to teach, right?  I hope I make that clear.  But by teaching "me", I feel compelled to share my learning with all who are ready for it...because we are all one big clump of Life in apparently separate forms. Making a difference in the world begins with making a difference in me.

Anyway, I digress.  What the quote above is alluding to is that many of us, who feel this inner poverty...this sense that something is missing- and who go about the material world searching for it  in order to fill that hole- will reach a realization  eventually  that nothing "out there" will end that sense of poverty experienced within.  This sense of poverty we experience is simply a mental disconnect from who we are and the True Source of all Life, all that is important. When we reconnect to that Truth...we are rich beyond belief, in the truest sense of the word.

We need to go in not out  and when we do that we find that we were never poor...The greatest riches are within us in the form of all the conditions we need for happiness.  Hmm!

All is well.

David R. Hawkins (2012) Letting Go: The Pathway to Surrender. New York: Hay House (Kindle Edition)


No comments:

Post a Comment