Sunday, January 16, 2022

Dedicated To Truth?

 Those who are dedicated to the truth are shown the truth.

David R. Hawkins




Do you believe that?

I am starting to.  The more I venture down this path, following that inner pull, the more I want the truth and the more I want the truth...the more the teachers and teachings show up in the form of  books, videos, messages, and life circumstance.  It is like...Wow!

I was looking for a quick read on my kindle the other day and David R. Hawkin's book , Letting Go...  showed up on my search.  I liked the titleseen he was a psychiatrist...so I thought...hmm! I need to read that so I can get  a psychiatric perspective on what I am learning. As I was reading I realized it was like a review of my most recent learning/writing/speaking  on the two hindrances: resisting and aversion but in psychiatric terms.  I found that very interesting.  I had no idea who the author was...have never heard of him ...but as I read on I could see him going beyond psychiatry to spirituality and it was like ...yeah! So much of what he said just clicked, you know?  It didn't give me new knowledge...it just helped to remind me of what I already knew at the deeper level. 

I did a quick search on Hawkins after I began reading and discovered that though he was a renown psychiatrist with a big practice during his lifetime...he was better known as a "mystic" and spiritual teacher.  I thought that was so cool.  There I was reading, hoping to get a psychiatric perspective on craving and resistance...and I was led right back to the spiritual ( the deeper level of understanding) back to the waking up and "truth" finding I am hoping to do. I am reading  now about his own awakening  and I feel a very serendipitous connection with this book.

Just sayin...

All is well!

David R. Hawkins (2012)  Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender. New York: Hay House

No comments:

Post a Comment