Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Milestone?

Life is not a matter of milestones, but of moments.
Rose Kennedy

50K

I reached 50K readers a few days ago.  I have been watching the numbers closely over the last little while noticing I was getting close.  I was wondering what it would feel like to hit that particular number.

Now I know that in this cyber world 50 K might not be a lot...especially when it is linked to an all time readership and I have been writing this blog for years. I see some vlog videos that receive 50 K in hours lol.  And it has, I repeat,  taken me years to reach this number.

Of course, I didn't put much effort into increasing readership. I don't advertise.  I don't tell many people about this site.  I might link it to an article I get published but I am not really putting a lot of effort into getting  me or it noticed. I don't do the SEO stuff.  I even use a pen when I am here. 

My intention , when I started, was to just put it out there and let "the universe"   take care of readership.  I did not want to make this at all about ego. I knew if I got concerned about proving "myself' or writing to get numbers I would get lost in "little me" agenda rather than what Self wanted. I thought it would interfere with my mission, so to speak, of coming here to teach to learn and to learn to teach.

Ego Checks the Stats

My ego, however, still wanted a readership.  It led me to the stats page everyday to see how many tapped into my words over the last 24 hours. I always felt good if I got over 10 ( imagine...some people get over 1000 a day and I am happy with ten lol) . So though 50 K might not be a lot by others standards,  it is a lot by mine.  Even my ego gets a little puffed up about that number. Wow! There have been 50,000 readers tapping into my blog. That is a lot more than I ever anticipated really.

In the deeper sense...I feel satisfied knowing that I have reached 50,000 readers ( or the same reader 50,000 times lol)...regardless...I have reached a fair number of people.  Well...let me rephrase that...this message I share has reached a number of people.  Whether people clicked off as soon as they clicked on is another matter but still it makes me assume that  I fulfilled some obligation I had to share, to teach, to heal.

The stats show me that this blog has readers all over the world ...in the Ukraine, France, England, Germany, Romania, Asia, India, South America, Mexico and of course Canada and the United States.  That is pretty cool even by ego standards. 

The Deeper Milestone

What is even cooler is the realization that these readers were brought here by something other than me.  They were brought here for reasons that go well beyond my puny little need to be read. And if they stay for more than a few seconds ( many might not :)) it is because something  that resonated in me, resonated in them.  How cool is that? Being that what I speak about is so "out there" and "strange" by the standards of many, in some ways that makes it even cooler.  Could this mean that the world is actually waking up??? And can relate to the experiences I share? 

Anyway...I guess 50 K is a milestone for me if not for anyone else.  I will take it gratefully and happily as I continue to write here everyday for no other reason than it brings me learning through teaching, teaching through learning and therefore  joy to do so.  If I get another 50,000 or not won't matter one lick to me because  I have already accomplished something I never thought I would. I can put ego aside now and focus on what is really important.

It is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment