Saturday, June 22, 2019

Time cannot deliver spiritual awakening

Don't give yourself time...don't look to the future for spiritual awakening so that the main focus of your life becomes the present moment...completely let go of the idea of future especially in reference to spiritual awakening....don't look to time to deliver spiritual awakening.  Time can not deliver.
-Eckhart Tolle


Most times I feel like I am far from "evolved".  Keep thinking my enlightenment is "up there somewhere" and that I have yet to reach it.

But there are these few surprising moments when I am looking at the world around me and I am completely mesmerized.  I look up at the  trees, for example, and I don't see the word "tree" that simply triggers memory banks to release collected conceptual data gathered over my life time about trees.  I see the trees in a whole new light.  I see how absolutely magnificent they are in their service to the planet and I just feel something very intense.  It is weird and I can't really explain it well here but I know at those moments I am present.

It doesn't happen often.  I still spend an awful lot of time in my head but more and more I am connecting to that alert stillness that is me.  I do want to build up this "power of presence" .  The only time to do that.. is now.  :)

All is well in my world

Eckhart Tolle (April, 2019) Growing Happiness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC_lrJ7LqhE

No comments:

Post a Comment