Sunday, June 23, 2019

First Chair

Had another moment today.  Inspired me to write this.  I am not judging it or labelling it...it just is. :)  Came out here, so it stays here.

First Chair

I sit in the center of this divinely guided orchestra.
I take a breath in anticipation as I settle into my chair.
Silent introductory notes from slow moving clouds
pass so easily, so purposefully
over the spacious blue back drop of this stage. 
 I look up at the magnificent trees  that surround me,
towering over my puny presence
making me feel so small
with their absolute greatness.
They hold their beautiful and varied instruments
up toward the sky,
their  long flexible limbs,
offering them to some invisible conductor
I have yet to know.


I feel the music of crackling wind
as Poplar, maple  and birch  bow towards me

and I exhale.
I watch in awe 
as the wind section swoops and lifts,
releases and pulls back ,
expands and retracts
so joyfully, so effortlessly, so harmoniously
and so obediently
to every wave of a baton I cannot see.
They play and play and play
the most amazing music for me, for all
for no other reason than to become one
 with the perfection of chord and moment.
....I listen and I hear.

Then there is nothing.
There is pause and stillness
as the world awaits my performance.
I am meant to play too?

I realize I  too am holding
an instrument in my arms
one I cannot see or feel,
but there just the same.
Feeling guided by the presence
of the magnificent expressions of Life
that surround me...
I awkwardly  pick up the violin
 I do not "know" how to play
and place it beneath my chin.
I take the bow Life has given me
and I move it across the strings.
I close my eyes.


I am suddenly being guided by a conductor
I cannot see.
I breathe in;
I breathe out
and I play.
I add the exquisite notes
of my breath,
of my heart beat
to the music being played around me.
I play and I play and I play,
going home to the beautiful symphony
I help to create by simply being.

Perfect music,
perfect blended harmony is released
as the world and I
 play along together.
I am first chair.
I am  second.
I am wind
and I am string.
I am no-thing
and I am  everything.
I am musician
and I am
conductor.
I am the notes that
drop like tiny tree seeds
to the earth around me.
I am silence.
I am a player in this orchestra of Life
simply because ...
I am.
Dale-Lyn 2019

All is well.



No comments:

Post a Comment