Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Often Overlooked Dimension of Being...

Go to the dimension within that is timeless and formless-that dimension of consciousness where you step back from thinking and realize beyond all the doing, the successes and failures and beyond all the conditions and situations of your life....there is something else in you that is constantly overlooked.
-Eckhart Tolle (may not be written exactly as said :))


Circumstances keep doing what they do.  :) Things happen, right? The bank may lose my $10,000 cheque which is all I have for future security; people may not behave the way I want them to;  I may sustain a hip injury right before I am about to embark on a teaching yoga adventure....but... but  I still am. I still am.  Mind wants me to get lost in this drama...but I don't have to.  Who I really am is beyond all the thinking, the doing, the successes, the failures, the conditions, and situations.  When I can tap in to that "being", none of this other stuff really matters. Hmmm!

 
 
I Still Am
 
Life may knock 'me 'down, as it blows through, again and again and again
...but I still am.
I may appear bruised and weathered by the storms, shaky and unsteady as I struggle to find balance
....but I still am.
'My' body may pop and crackle with age as its natural decay shows up in 'my' bones and on 'my' skin
....but I still am.
Bodily organs may act up making 'me' lose 'my' ability to do the things I once took for granted
...but I still am.
Careers that once filled 'me' with purpose and recognition  may be taken away by circumstance  
...but I still am.
The "stuff" that once filled 'my' surroundings, giving 'me' a sense of identity  and validation may decay and  rust away
...but I still am.
Relationships may dissolve; conflicts may arise; the pain of loss may present itself as I make 'my' way through the crowds of humanity
...but I still am.
The walls that once protected 'me' may crumble and fall to the ground leaving nothing but dust
...but I still am.
I may forget what is within 'me' and stray away from home, getting lost and confused
...but I still am.
 
Regardless of what happens in the foreground of 'my' Life, be it beautiful or be  it ugly,
...I still am.
Regardless if I can see it or not, beneath the heavy veil of thinking, feeling and doing,
...I still am.
Whether I succeed in 'my' doing or fail; whether I accomplish and achieve or lose it all,
...I still I am.
I still am, not because "I think," but  because....
I am.
Dale-Lyn June/2019
 


No comments:

Post a Comment