Monday, January 2, 2017

Your life has nothing to do with you.  It is about everyone whose lives you touch, and how you touch them.

Neale Donald Walsh  ( What God Said)

Your Life has Nothing to do with You

What if I told you that your life had nothing to do with you?  Would that notion add to your frustration or somehow ease it? Would you want to tell me off for putting such ridiculous hippy notions out there...or would the mere thought ease some of your confusion about why you are here?

When I first read those words I was immediately aware of how peaceful I felt in that possibility.  If my life is not about me...I really do not need to worry so much about what is happening to me.  My own perception of "suffering" is really not that important.  I do not have to decide on a life that is best for me.  I do not have to fix my life...fix myself...I just have to turn my attention outward. 

My attention gets turned away from self focus to a greater, more life affirming focus...the betterment of others in the world.  If everything I do touches the lives of others in some way...I turn my life focus  to how my life impacts others.  It becomes about them not me.  Taking the attention off the little me somehow makes everything "I" experience so trivial. At the same time it makes my life so valuable and important. 

My life...can make the world a better place.  Hmm!  Food for thought.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment