Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Writing can teach us the dignity of speaking the truth...

Natalie Goldberg

I just spent two hours reading over my blog entries.  It gets pretty personal in places and to go back and private or delete all those entries will take some time.  Yet there is absolutely nothing but big, bold, beautiful truth in my writing.  This blog was previously used just as a place to vent and write from the top of my head.  It was a journal I kept for me. I wrote freely and quickly filling the pages with my complaints, as well as typos and grammatical errors.  I left them untouched because I did not intend to open this blog up to the public again.  How much do I share now? 

I want this blog to be "helpful' to others...to motivate, teach, inspire in some meager way.  No one needs to hear about of all my silly issues with my health, my finances and my dealings with doctors and insurance companies.  Yet ...it is there in black and white text because it has consumed my daily life for so long. Do I erase it when it was a part of me?  Or at least a "perceived" part of me.  :) Or do I leave it where it is...as a record of my journey, my history?

Hmm! I will fill the front pages with helpful, less personal stuff...until I decide what to do with the other pages. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment