Thursday, January 5, 2017

The  expert knows more and more about less and less until he knows everything about nothing.
- Gandhi



Excited by Chaos and Ego slips?

I came home an evening ago to a mess. 

My dog ate through two little  gifts I had for friends.  Chewed through a glass mug to get at chocolate which , of course, will make her sick.  There was glass and chocolate wrappers everywhere. She knocked over the angel I received from students weeks after my sister died...an angel identical to the one my sister owned and cherished ( they didn't know that then) so it became something I cherished. It broke in the fall.

I cried.  I was so frustrated!!! I was so angry.   I pulled away from everyone for a few moments to regroup and realized that I wasn't angry at the dog...she was being a dog who we know acts out when we leave her. 

I was angry at my attachment to ideas and  things.  I was going to bring my friends little "token" gifts of friendship to brunch today because I didn't think my presence would suffice.  I was attached to tis idea of social etiquette.  I was attached to a porcelain Christmas angel because I no longer had my sister.  My sister is not in that angel! 

Man.  I had to laugh at myself a bit.  I say I am become enlightened and realize in these moments how far I have to go. Then I realized I cannot beat myself up whenever I slip...every time I realize I am not where I am is a chance to celebrate...not complain.  It is the process that excites me.


All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment