Monday, January 16, 2017

There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It is why you are born.  And how you become the most alive.
Oprah Winfrey

Living on purpose

I know...I know...I am still on this kick about living on purpose.  Imagine what we would feel like if we knew that everything we did was exactly what we were supposed to do?   That every step we took was leading us to a higher plane?  That there was no need to be indecisive...fearful...doubting or unsure...?

Life would certainly look different then, wouldn't it?  How many moments a day do we ask the questions:  Is this the right thing to do?  Should I do that?  Should I change this?  What should I do next?  Where should I go? Why did I do that? Did I make a mistake? Is this best for me?  Is this best for them?   etc etc.  What if we just knew what it was we were supposed to do and we did it with all the gusto we could muster?  Life would be different then, wouldn't it?

How do we know what our calling is? 

That may take some thoughtful questioning, as above, before we know.  We need to know who we are...what kind of things make us happy, make time slip by quickly...touch others.  One simple way to tune into this is to be mindful of what types of things, people and situations catch our attention on a daily basis.  What attracts us is where our mental focus lies.  Just keep an eye out. 

Anyway...running out of steam here...will catch up with you later.  All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment