Friday, January 6, 2017

Peace: Doesn't mean being in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  It means being in the midst of those things and still be calm in heart.

Unknown

Being peaceful is hard sometimes...let me tell you.  Last night I was kept awake by noise, trouble and my lack of ability to do the hard work of parenting effectively.  I tried to remind myself that calm is always there within waiting for me to tap into it when I need it most. So man I did a lot of tapping:  a lot of finger tapping on the table top at 4 am; a lot of foot tapping with arms crossed in front of my chest as I sounded reasons why my son would have to sit down with me once he sobered up at 6 am...and a lot of soul tapping at 8am.  Eventually I did manage to calm down. 

It is all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment