Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A dreamer is one who can only find her way by moonlight.
Oscar Wilde
 
 
 

About the photo:

This was a crop that I took to Light Room.  I think for some reason it was automatically converted to a DNG file from RAW ( not my intention).  When I was shooting...I shot in Aperture Priority.  I really did not frig with the F stop or the SS but my camera data tells me...it was shot with an F stop of 1/5.6 and a shutter of 1/60.  What gets me is that I have my ISO sensitivity set at 3200 but the data shows me that this photo is an ISO of 6400.   Was it shot that high or was it converted to the 6400 by LR without my knowing?  Is that is what is happening during highlighting and clarity improvement?    It is almost like my D7100 took over or I have a lot to learn about the post processing procedure lol.  As you can see...an ISO of 6400 makes the photo quite grainy??? 

What else is wrong?  There is way too much shadow around the tree...the more I highlighted the moon the darker it got...the more I frigged with the shadows...the less of the moon's brightness I got.  The moon was really illuminating that night and that is what I wanted to capture so I focused more on that.  It is a vast improvement from the original...regardless. 

THERE IS SO MUCH TO LEARN!!!!  lol  I desire, I imagine, and I will that I will create.    I will display great photos someday.  :)

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment