Monday, January 23, 2017

I can see clearly now....

Your vision will become clear only after you look inside your heart. Who looks outside dreams.  Who looks inside awakens.
Carl Jung (Famous Freudian psychoanalyst and dream analyst...and my mentor through teachings)

I am still stuck on clarity.  That little experience I had a couple of days ago has led to a lot of thinking.  It was  an aha moment in many ways. 

In physical terms, I could see clearly for a few moments and that led me to think about how much of our five senses are limited by our "thinking".  If I truly believed I could not see well...I wouldn't see well.  If I believed I could, I would.  People with dissociative fugue, for example,  will have different levels of ability and limitation as they flip from one personality to another.  One personality may have 20/20 vision and the other may hardly be able to see.  Why?  Same body...just different ego generated belief systems.

The all powerful belief comes into play. I have developed a belief, over the years,  that my vision is poor...so my body obeys my belief,  muting colour and texture...limiting my ability to see the world clearly.  Working with my photos has brought that world of clear vision back to me.  I was constantly seeing my photos  so clearly in my mind  and when I was walking in the woods the other day I "forgot" that the world around me wasn't a photo.  I forgot I could not see clearly. I was remembering how beautiful contrast makes the world. I saw contrast with the greatest acuity as if I was viewing an image enlarged on my computer screen.  It wasn't magic...well I think all things from a sunset to a baby's smile are magical...but you know what I mean.  I simply remembered what it was like to step beyond the belief system of limitation and into the "real" world of possibility. I got beyond my belief in limited eye sight.

Placebo and Nocebo

I have talked about the placebo and nocebo effect in great detail in this blog.  This was just an other example of how powerful "limiting" belief is in generating physical changes in the body.  We are what we think!  We can take this one little experience further...if  belief can affect vision ...it can affect  health in general.

All illness is psychosomatic to some extent, is it not?

Of course, going from illness to health is not that simple.  It is not going to happen with a click of the fingers or a magical chant.  One can not dispute how powerful belief is...how ingrained in our subconscious minds this belief that we are limited is  Changing belief does not happen overnight.  It may happen if you have a lot of consecutive experiences like I did the other day but how often do we get those? 

The more we are guided by a belief in limitation...the less likely we are to experience them at all or at least to notice them. It was grace that allowed me to see for a moment a clear vision of beauty. In that moment I held the door open and was willing to receive her.

Too often I do not notice grace when she pops in for a visit.  I am too busy feeding the guests in my mind that have moved in: beliefs of unworthiness, human limitation, illness, separation, death etc etc etc.  

I went out to the woods yesterday with my camera in hope of capturing the world in that clarity I experienced the day before.  It wasn't as clear.  I allowed myself, once again, to be dominated by old belief patterns.:( . I am not giving up.  I want to understand this phenomenon more. I "believe" we have the power to change our lives if we change what we believe.  I am determined to get beyond the limitations of my body and to help others do the same..

In psychological terms, my little aha moment has left my mind spiralling.  I have been on a mission forever...trying to understand how to get beyond this idea of suffering in life...how to find peace .  The clarity I received that afternoon was so brilliant.  Life is a series of contrasts. It consists of highlights, vibrant hues and saturations of white but what makes those things stand out are the dark shadows, the blackness.  Without challenge, set back, and hardship life wouldn't be as beautiful.  It would just be an overexposed photo with no clarity to it.  Challenge brings clarity.  Contrast brings clarity.  We need both!  That is what makes life beautiful.

In spiritual terms,  the only way to get clarity...true clarity...is to go inward.  Beliefs are generated from the outside and internalized.  We need to take what was internalized from the beginning...that which hides beneath the layers of ego generated beliefs...and bring that to the surface if we want the world to be clearer and to see clearer.  :)

 Awakening is remembering who we really are and from Whom we came.  When we remember, we realize there never was any such thing as limitation.

All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment