Saturday, October 7, 2023

Just Getting it Down

 

Just get it down on paper, and then we will see what to do with it.

Maxwell Perkins

I am not sure what to write about today.  I am feeling a mixture of so many things. 

Anyway, I am getting more and more embarrassed as I read through entries that were recently read by others, and notice the number of typos, spelling and grammatical errors...more typos than anything.  I write so fast when I write here, and the words and thoughts are coming out faster than my fingers can keep up. I am not sure I could slow down if I wanted to. It is a free flow of whatever is inside, that comes out  for cathartic reasons. I do not want to interrupt the flow. I also want this to be a very authentic experience for me and others, like we just ran into each other in the street, you know? That is why I publish the first draft with little to no editing. I probs should spend more time, however,  post processing with Grammarly or something.  I don't know.  I suppose these typos are making me, as a writer,  look less credible to others.  If that is important to anything but my ego, I am not sure. Mind says: clean up the mess on these pages,  and Heart says: as long as the meaning is clear, that is all that matters. I think I will listen to Heart because I don't know if I want or have the energy for any more work! 

What do I want from this: to create an illusion of me as a perfect writer or to simply give some of my learning away? It is the giving away part that is important to me....that leads me here, not the image I create.  Still...I can be more careful, can't I, so it looks a little better to the reader.  Like tidying the house up a bit before company comes over, I don't want my guests to be uncomfortable as they are hit with the mess of my typos etc. I want them to be able to focus on the message and not the mess, you know?  

So, dear readers, I will try to clean up a bit before you come over but please know how much I hate housework lol.  It will never be perfectly neat and tidy, k?.

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment