Saturday, August 5, 2023

Love to a Yogi?

 

Love is patient.  Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

1 Corinthians13:4-8 NIV

What is romantic love to a yogi?


I attempted to answer that question in the ten minute impromptu exercise I am committed to for my own learning ( and hopefully the learning of others). It was an interesting question. 

When I got married, as do many catholics, I chose the above reading from Corinthians as part of the ceremony. Caught in a romantic ego mind, I failed then to realize what those words meant.  I know better now.

Love is not attachment and desire as our romantic notions paint it to be.  It is not built on the whims of ego and offered to us externally. It is not blown this way and that by our reactive tendencies. It is who we are!

Anyway,

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment