Friday, August 25, 2023

Getting Rid of "Me"

 "I don't like what is happening...but if I don't get rid of the part that doesn't like it...I am not going to grow."

Michael A. Singer

The more I read, the more I listen, the more I study and the more I learn from going inward to examine my own inner world...I see more and more clearly how the answer to everything is in letting go of "me." This "little me", this personal mind, this "somebody" we create in our heads is in the way of our freedom, our shakti flow, our sat chit ananda, this river of joy that Yogananda tells us is within us.  It and its attachment to desire and aversion is the cause of our suffering, according to the Buddha. We really need to let it go!

We, who we really are beneath this idea we have of "me" are pure consciousness.  We are Sat Chit Ananda ( eternal, conscious, bliss) . We are that which watches and observes ( without attachment to any of it) the mixed up minds and our frantic doing.  We are that which watches the feelings and thinking that is responsible for disturbing us and leading us to blame the world for our so called problems. We are the light that shines on all this stuff we are all tangled up in.  We are not the entity that gets bothered by life and then suffers...we are the watcher of this entity. We are not that which we are watching...we are the watching. 

Yet, we are so caught up in  that which is being watched...the outside world with all its changing events and phenomena and the person that is disturbed by it, (only because it affects our thoughts and feelings), that we cannot see who we really are.

Our curriculum here in this school where souls are sent to evolve is all about evolving and finding our way back to who we really are, our way back to God.  Hmm! What is in the way? "Me". "Me" is in the way. Our consciousness is so busy shining on it, we cannot see that we are the light that is shining and not what is being shined upon. 

When are we going to get that,  really get that? 

All is well in my world.

Ram Dass/ Be Here Now ( n.d.) Episode 26-Suffering Part Two. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MKuE0IpJv0&t=8s

Michael A Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( August 24, 2023) Exploring Spiritual Evolution https://tou.org/talks/



No comments:

Post a Comment