Monday, August 21, 2023

Fruits of Actions

 But those who choose to serve will be undeterred because they are not obsessed with the fruit of their action.

Sadhguru

Shout Out to Singapore!!

As you know I don't promote this blog.  The doing of it has much more intrinsic value than it does extrinsic.  I just feel compelled to come here almost everyday and share what I am learning, as crazy as that may sound. So I am perfectly okay with a readership on my stats of under ten.  I am okay not knowing how many "followers" I have...(this site doesn't tell me..it constantly reads 'no followers' when I know I have some.) I don't really have a goal...like "I want so many likes or so many subscribers or 100,000 page views ( which btw I am close to getting...since inception that is).  I am obviously not looking to, at this point, make money off it.  I am not looking to get famous lol. I am here, I guess, as corny as it may sound, to serve.  Serve who? Serve Self...which may equate to serving others who are travelling along this path and who might learn from another traveller. 

I do, however, check the stats page daily. Sure ego is still lingering around wondering , "Do they like me?" and that may, despite my practice to go beyond "me" , still have something to do with why I check.  But 'I am' also curious.  I do want to know if I am serving in a useful way...if anyone is getting anything from this of value...or if the few talents I may have are being used in the most helpful way. Of course, ego sometimes pops in to ask , "or am I wasting my time?" Of course,  I know that I am not wasting my time.  I will do this regardless of outcome.  The inner  pull is that strong.

Anyway, every now and again I get hit with big numbers on my stats page.  Anything over 100 per day, I consider a big number lol.  Sometimes there is one country or area that is bringing in those large numbers. Over the last week or so that area was Singapore. 

Sometimes, I will get big numbers from areas but obviously see that nothing was read..no recently read posts come up.  (I like to review posts that were read so I can  edit if necessary and it also helps me to review what I have learned.) So I wonder why and what was that all about...bots, highjackers or whatever? 

Well, I see as the numbers come up, connected to Singapore, that recent, and more often, not- recent posts come up.  It looks like someone is actually reading this stuff for whatever reason and many of  those or that reader is from Singapore, 

I want to send out a note of gratitude and connection to whomever is under that "Singapore" label. I also want to send out a note of gratitude for the other loyal readers who have been following me for as long as they have. ...who I may not acknowledge enough.  Thank you. Thank you for being interested in this very important stuff....not for puny little "me"s sake ...but you know....for the world's. ( Corny, I know.)

Anyway, thanks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment