Monday, August 28, 2023

Learning About Karma

 Karma is not a creed, a scripture, an ideology, a philosophy, or a theory,  It is simply the way things are.

Sadhguru, pg 8

I have had this deep unrelenting knowing that I was living out some type of karma but I never truly understood what karma was. I wanted to know more. 

So I finished the book on Karma by Sadhguru and like I said it was very well written and interesting to read.  I still don't know, however, if I truly understand karma .  I am not sure that the inner question that led me to read the book was answered.  What was that question (questions)? 

Are these seemingly unrelenting  challenging circumstances here for a deeper and more important reason? Am I living out a karma for the betterment of Self and others and should I therefore be accepting and appreciative of this suffering because it serves a higher purpose?

If I knew there was some universal benefit to my suffering, that what I was experiencing here in terms of financial, familial and personal "hardship" had a purpose...man I would gladly accept it without complaint.  I would even say, "Bring it on!"  I wouldn't be seeing it in the way ego convinces me to see it: as unfair punishment and something I need to change or escape right now!  True acceptance, allowance, appreciation, and honoring of my circumstances would take place. That, in itself, would bring peace. 

Sure, a big part of me still asks this question:

How can I change it so I, in this form, and those I love  are enjoying the fruit of good karma?

Man, I want a little joy in "my" life.  Is there anything wrong with that? I realize as I ask that question, I am still too concerned with this "me" and this life-time it is in...when "me" is just a small crumb in the vastness of all that is and this life-time is just a blink of an eye in eternity.  

Sigh! Anyway, I am going to explore the book farther,.  Take my highlighted notes, and what I am gleaming from other resources, and share them here in hope that I, if not you, will learn a little something from it.

All is well. 

Sadhguru ( 2021) Karma: A Yogi's Guide to Crafting Your Destiny. New York: Harmony Books

No comments:

Post a Comment