Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Fooled? What is Going On?

 When I think of life, it is all a cheat. Yet fooled by hope, people favor this deceit. 

John Dryden

I find myself in a situation where I am wanting to be fooled by hope but atlas....I now know better.

As much as I would like to believe that the big spike in stats I am seeing here is an increase in authentic readership, my rational mind tells me it isn't. Getting thousands of readers/hits ( whatever they are) a day.  It is only 9 am and already I have 956 hits on the stats page.  Most mornings, at this time, I would be overwhelmed with joy just to get six, let alone 956. Because of this spike, I am getting very close to the 100,000 number too, which I guess has some significance in this internet game...not sure why or what will happen when I hit that number.  Will horns go off and golden streamers fall down on me from the sky? Whatever the meaning of the numbers in the cyber world, it doesn't hold the same significance to me though...especially if it is just bot or other activity causing the spike in numbers, and not actual readers.  I am getting readers, don't get me wrong, I an so grateful to them and see the pages that were viewed but the pages viewed by no means match the number of so called hits ( not sure what they are  called) .  I have had one of those  minus's  as well which is not technically possible on a statistical pie chart. It just doesn't make sense. Anyway...it is what it is.  

Thank you authentic readers ( those of you that are)  though for reading along.  Much , much appreciated. 

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment