Monday, August 21, 2023

Letting It Flow Anyway It Likes

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them-that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in anyway they like.

Lao Tzu

Stop using your powerful, life enhancing shakti flow, your consciousness against yourself?

Huh?

Well that is the piece of unsolicited advice I would give to others who are experiencing so called "stress."  Stress , according to Michael Singer, is simply the result of resisting what is. When we resist what is...we seek, struggle, fight to make the world and others in it different....most often than not...unsuccessfully. It doesn't work. We get stressed.  Without resistance there is no stress. 

I had the experience of intense stress this week. I was looking around at the moments in front of me and found myself saying, "No! It shouldn't be this way."  Why should it not have been that way? Because it didn't suit this "me" I created in my head, this psyche which is the sum of all learned experiences this "me" had. It didn't meet "my needs".  So there I was questioning a very disturbed mind as well as the disturbed minds of others..."How do we make this more suited to what "me" needs and wants?" As long as you have needs you are not okay inside. 

Wow! I am really not okay inside. The whole thing is crazy when I think about it...not so much the circumstances as my reaction to then.  People are the way they are, doing what they do for a million different reasons that have nothing to do with me.  The world is unfolding in front of " me" the way it is for a million different reasons that have nothing to do with "me". And here I am resisting it and then trying to change everything so it makes me feel  more comfortable inside and less stressed when I cannot change anything.  Crazy.

The opposite of resistance is acceptance, the opposite of stress is peace and relaxation, the opposite of blocking and closing is opening, the opposite of pushing down and away is allowing in and letting go.  My practice, which I neglected this week because of "stress", is helping me accept, to open, to find peace through relaxation and it is helping me to allow Life to be whatever it is so it all just flows through me. 

I am not this me and the circumstances me is experiencing.  I am the witness watching all this go down.  I just got so caught up in watching the drama, I once again forgot who I was. 

I need to get back to my practice.  I need to get back to the Seat of Self. I need to let things flow forward in anyway they like...not in the way "me" likes.

Thy will...not my will...be done.

All is well. 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( August 20,2023) Releasing the Roots of Inner Stresshttps://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment