Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Thinking About the Highest Life

 The highest life you can live is when every moment that passes by you is better off becaus eit did.

Michael A. Singer

Thinking about a lot of things lately and am trying to bring those thoughts together. I have been thinking about this idea of "manifesting" and what it really means to a yogi. I have been thinking about desire and the lack of. I have been thinking about the need to accept and appreciate what is here and now.  I have been thinking about suffering and freedom from.  I have been thinking about yoga...true yoga.  I have been thinking about love...true love. I have been thinking about shakti. Hmm!

Well crazy lady how are you going to bring all that together? 

I am not sure how I am going to bring those questions/ideas all together. The quote above somehow says it all...they are all about serving the moment that unfolds in front of us, instead of seeking to be served by it.  I will trust that the universe has been assisting me with that realization by  what has shown up for me to listen to, read, and study, as well as the    life experiences it gave me to examine,  in the last few days. There seems to be an element of serendipity beneath all this that I can not quite  understand completely . I have been listening to Michael Singer and Eckhart Tolle; finishing off reading the Autobiography of a Yogi and listening to/ reading Ram Dass on the Here and Now Network and in his autobiography Remember Be Here Now.  I have been feeling the pull downward as those around me express their pain and I have been feeling the rush of relief and peace when they express their enthusiasm about whatever.  I have felt the rain and I have felt the sunlight (if only for a day lol).  I have experienced the heaviness of illness and the lift of energy when I felt better.  I have been consumed by "sloth and torpor"where nothing seemed to get "done"  and then hit with this energetic productivity yesterday where so much got done so easily. I experienced closing and I experienced being open. Yeah...there was a lot of teaching in the last few days. Well,  there is a lot of teaching everyday if we are open to it.

I think what I will do is create  questions based on those ideas and do my best to answer each one over time. I will just come back to them over the course of the next few days and see what I come up with.  (I may even  answer them in more depth  on videos later on).

Questions: 

  • What does the idea of "manifesting" mean to a yogi?
  • Is there any such thing as healthy desire or health manifesting?
  • Is it important to accept and appreciate one's present circumstances even if they are very challenging or unwholesome?
  • Is thinking about a future dream or goal really that problematic?
  • Does freedom from suffering ever involve making physical changes to our present situations?
  • Will I ever experience the true meaning of yoga? How do I teach yoga beyond the mat?
  •  How important is romantic love to a yogi?
  • What can one do to get that shakti to flow better? 
It feels funny to leave here with unanswered questions.  Mind...my mind especially, likes answers. But I think it is important sometimes to just sit with questions, to get beyond the minds tendency  to try to answer them right away conceptually.  Maybe if I just let them stew in here ...percolate...the answers I come up with will come from a deeper place. You think?

All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment