Thursday, April 22, 2021

 


Hmm!  As you know, I have been having this gnawing feeling that someone or something ( a bot or whatever) has been doing something unethical  with my site, possibly taking stuff and calling it their own. I did get external warnings that this was likley happening but I pushed it all aside for the joy of being able to come here. The feeling would not go away though, (either did other people's warnings)...you know how these feelings of mine work by now. :) Then I came across a blog entry today  that was read today and  obviously tampered with. An entry with a poem and pic  was removed and replaced with another entry.  I have a copy of the previously published hard copy to prove it.  How did they do this? They had to have access to the editorial portion of my site, or be able to sign in to my site.  hmmm! More importantly, "Why?" Why  would anyone want to do that? If they get into this site, can they get into my computer?   I will contact the administrators  and see what I have to do.  I do not want to shut down but I might have to. :( I will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment