Friday, August 21, 2020

The Perfect Plan

I have complete confidence that every circumstance that comes my way is part of a perfect plan to convert the image of my faith into physical reality.
Uell S. andersen

Man, I am absolutely absorbed by this book.  I am spending all my time, it seems, on it. When I am not helping with the big plumbing issue we have, that is.

We have had no water since Tuesday.  It started when I  did not realize the power was out after coming in from outside and began to wash the dishes.  We have a well dependent on an electric pump. When I ran  the water when the pump couldn't work  I filled up the pipes with air and when the pump was not turned off after the power came back...the air lock did a number on the foot valve. D. is doing the plumbing himself and though he is getting it done we seem to come up with one minor complication after another.  Hopefully we will have water today.  I really, really want water coming through my faucets and flushing my toilet again.  :)

At first, I looked at the waterless experience  as an adventure...felt like a pioneer woman fetching water ( from my sister's taps) and conserving and protecting my limited resource. It made me appreciate water and the convenience in having it come from our faucets.  Now...I am tired of this adventure and want the plumbing I once took for granted back.

It is all good.  It really is.  It is as it is.  I still see the order and abundance in everything. And I believe it happened for a reason.  This circumstance , like every circumstance, came into my life as a part of the divine plan to "convert the image of my faith into physical reality".  In the perfect plan, if I want water and truly believe that I can have it back...I will get it. The experience  also offered a little opportunity for appreciation of the abundance in this life we take for granted.

I wrote this in May, 2020 (It was written lol) about appreciating water in the faucet.


Tiny Jewel

So easily unseen
by the unmindful eye,
one shiny glistening jewel,
captured in a tiny drop,
suspends so delicately
from the faucet's mouth.

Catching the busy fluorescent lighting
in a flickering of remembering
an ancient history
a perfectly clear lake,
glacial and cold,
 once reflecting  sunlight, moonlight
and mountain peak
in  still and spacious waters.

One tiny expression of
This mighty  Source
now  seemingly so fragile,
at the mercy of gravitational fingers
that threaten to pull it into
the forgotten depths
at the bottom of the sink
you so take for granted.

Yet, it clings  tenaciously to
the last stage of this long
and arduous journey
that has taken it,
in many changing forms,
down snow capped trails,
and hidden streams,
through roaring rivers
and awaiting oceans
to this,
to you,
in hope you will see
the  mountain lake within it.

See the ruby, the diamond
and the sparkling sapphire
in its tiny little presence
 before it loses its desperate hold
on the metal lip of your appliance.

Reach up to capture it
in your cold and open  hand.
Notice it, thank it, embrace it,
and use it wisely.
Recognize The Source
of all things in it.
Allow  its final destination
to be one of restful peace
by showing it that the sacrifice it
has made for you
will not go unnoticed.

 
© Dale-Lynn 2020

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment