Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Coming and Going of All

We sense that there is some sort of spirit that loves
birds, and animals and the ants-
perhaps the same one that gave a radiance to you in
your mother's womb...
Kabir

It is so beautiful outside and I feel so very, very blessed.  Not just because of the weather but because of everything!!!  I just have this appreciation , right now( not saying I will have this appreciation beyond this moment...lol...but for now...) for absolutely everything Life hands me. I have a feeling of trust ( confidence) and peace.  So grateful for that.

The weekend did not start out so well.  I was worried about loved ones, as you know, even though I know rationally how senseless and "strangling"  worry is. I still felt that darkness clinging to me and my own body was heavy and listless with an overstressed ticker; my mind dark and heavy with an "over stressed" psyche. Still, D. and I were planning a night away on Friday and a trip to "Kings Landing" yesterday .  We got off late for one reason or another and half way there we get a call of a furry tragedy at home. 

Our dogs got into the room where the Guinea pigs were running about in their pen.  Our Jack Russell mix is a true hunter and the three dogs who have been together for over 7 years  have formed a  true canine pack.  Guinea pigs tend to be naturally tremely neurotic creatures with cortisol levels through the roof.  These two were even more neurotic than most  making them good candidates to die from a stress induced heart attack.  Being chased around a room by a dog in hunting mode would basically  be all it would take.  That is how it appeared to be for them. I believe they literally died of fright.  

The owner of the guinea pigs was someone I was worried about .  She at the point I found out, was away from home and did not know of the incident. We turned around to be there for her when she found out.  It was sad ...it really was ...(I was getting attached to the little guys) and I felt so guilty thinking I was some how responsible for what the dogs did and for  not ensuring the door was closed  tightly behind me.

And you know when you have a lot of "negative" on your plate or in your mind...and another negative thing lands on it ...it is like "See!  Told you! Something or someone is punishing me."  Then you look about and wonder what is going to happen next.  Such an automatic reflex...this way of "perceiving".  I want to change that.  I want to have a stable, caring and peaceful heart amidst it all.

Anyway...we did get out yesterday to Kings Landing...just made it a day trip and it was lovely.  Will share some pics once I get them downloaded from Raw.

It was all so lovely.  Then we came home and had a little service for the little guys burying them in an area of the  yard any rodent would like to be buried in. My daughter grieved for sure but she had also seen the natural flow of life, the coming and the going, the turning and the changing in it.  She felt supported and cared for in her grief and she allowed herself to open up to do so. (Pet grief is a beautiful opportunity to express all grief we store inside).

The dogs are now in an offender rehabilitation program and seem to be doing well.

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment