Thursday, August 27, 2020

Serving with Love

All labor of love is not labor at all, but joyous Self-fulfillment.  Good works are simply love expressing itself and a man whose heart is full of love reckons not the support of the flesh in sweat of his brow, nor does he curse his hours of labor nor begrudge his appointed tasks.  Through his love of Life he sees in all work the opportunity to serve and serve he does, and fulfills himself and God.
Uell S. Andersen, Three Magic Words, Kindle Edition, Location 3706

Huh? 

This quote may seem a little obscure to our busy, complaining and grief collecting minds. (I do not exclude myself from this population...I have an ego lol). Yet there is so much truth in it.

I have been undertaking a labor of some sorts everyday for the last nine days, for hours at a time.  I am delving into this book, studying it, making notes, contemplating it, doing the meditations etc and it literally takes up a good portion of my waking hours.  It has become my daily work. That is why I have not been showing up here.

It seemed at first more of a compulsion than an act of love.  I felt compelled to really go through this book, to seek and draw out the wisdom from it so I can apply it to my own life and to my writing. I never thought of it as something I loved to do.  Yet it is....because what I am seeking and finding in this process is "joyous Self-fulfillment."

This is the type of work I want to do...discover who I am, who you really are, who we all really are  and to pass on what I discover. As strange as it may seem to others and myself, this is my work now...Everything in my life to date seemed to be taking me here. Though what I do here and in other avenues of my writing  goes unrecognized, unpaid, unrewarded with material gain...it is what I feel called to do.  It is a labor of love. I discover and fulfill Self in this work.  Hmmm!

So let's look at the quote and tear it apart so it makes more sense to all of us.

All labor of love is not labor at all, but joyous Self-fulfillment.

When we love what we do, it will not feel like work.  It will come easy. When we do whatever it is we do with love in our hearts, with the intention of serving humanity and the world...we feel the  true joy that comes with fulfilling our true purpose here on earth.  We connect to the One Self we are all parts of.  It becomes a spiritual achievement rather than an ego one.  My reading this book is motivated by my desire to connect and fulfill this Self within me; I write here to help others do the same.  My seeking Self is a labor of love that brings great joy.

Good works are simply love expressing itself and a man whose heart is full of love reckons not the support of the flesh in sweat of his brow, nor does he curse his hours of labor nor begrudge his appointed tasks.

When the work we do benefits mankind ( is good) ...it is simply the spirit, the indwelling Self which is love expressing itself through us.  When I write here, it is something much deeper than me expressing itself through me.  I truly want to serve.  So it doesn't require a lot of physical labor or effort.  I don't strain, push or over exert myself to get it done.  Most poems I write come out in less than an hour.  These entries...3 hours top. I do not sweat it. Nor do I curse the hours I spend on it.  Reading this book...I spend maybe three hours a day/chapter. Ego tells me that is a lot of time when I could be doing other things but it flies by for me. I am into what I am doing.  I come to the table in the morning happy excited about learning. It is my appointed task and I am grateful for it.

Through his love of Life he sees in all work the opportunity to serve

This is another text, like ACIM, with the male dominated pronoun usage lol.   It simply reflects the time it was written. I am okay with that now...don't want to get snagged on the pointers when the message is what we are really after.

When we love Life we see an opportunity to serve in any work we take on.  It doesn't matter if you are digging ditches or performing heart surgery. ...discover how what you are doing serves Life. If the work offers a disservice instead...we do not take on that task.

serve he does, and fulfills himself and God.

Serve! Serve! Serve! That is why we are here.  We are doing God's work and when we do we feel fulfilled.  It is not the money we make or the recognition we gain that is important-those are ego motivators.  If we really want to be happy and successful, we serve with Love. Success is achievement wrought from love.

That simple.

A result of that genuine loving service could also very well be reward. We do tend to reap what we sow.

Wise is the man who strives for fulfillment of the great Self.

All is well.

Andersen, Uell S.. Three Magic Words . BN Publishing. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment