Monday, May 6, 2024

Still Being Thrown Off Balance?

 We must ask ourselves how far we can be acted upon by the external world, and how far we can stand on our own feet, in spite of all the forces outside us.  When we have succeeded in preventing all the forces in the world from throwing us off balance, then alone we have attained to freedom, and not before. Vivekananda, Complete Works, 1.4,  page 213

Are you still being thrown off balance by the world around you? I know I am.  Trying though to stand on my own two feet despite everything going down around me. It isn't always easy but I am making some progress I think, albeit slowly. I am working on getting past "me" in hope that I can become and remain undistrurbed and unattached to whatever Life throws my way; so that  I can become and remain absent of the need of the good opinion of others; and so I can become and remain free.

Like I said, I am no longer depending on things around me changing. It is I that must do the changing whether or not things around me change and become better or not.  It would be great if they did though, wouldn't it?

Change the subject, and the object is bound to change; purify yourself, and the world is bound to be purified. 

Vivekananda,1.4,  page 213

All is well

The Complete Workd of Swami Vivekananda. Kindle Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment