Sunday, April 21, 2024

Tiny Habit Changes and The Bigger Picture

 

From the moment we are given awareness about some bigger picture or mission, we have to have complete focus on what to do to get to that place. 

Yehuda Berg

I am a little off as I sit here to write this morning. I discovered that  a hyperlink of a published poem in one of my recently read  posts led to another site all together. It left me with an uneasy feeling as to why and how that happened. More importantly, I couldn't help but wonder if I was responsible for it. Did I expose that poetry site to something malicious from this site?  Are those bots that are constantly swarming my site not so harmless? It was one thing when I thought they just had the potential to harm my site but if they are infiltrating into other sites because of me, that is another thing all together.  Man...I don't want that. I feel uneasy. If that is the case I will need to shut down here all together and that to me is like leaving  home when I really don't want to go, all becasue I let in some bad guests that took over. 

For now, until I figure this out...(in truth it could have nothing to do with me or maybe it was an innocent selling of a Domain site?  I really, really do not know how this works) I am going to try to keep on with my review of Atomic Habits. Hmm. They, on this Thai site the link takes me to, do call themselves a "Book Review" site and I do review a lot of books...there I go again making assumptions. 

For now all is innocent until I prove otherwise:

So back to the book. Want to begin by saying I like it! I truly do. The writing is absolutely fantastic!  It was so well researched and put together. It was an excellent book with some wonderful information in it. I am really, really pushing my daughters to read it because I can see it helping them tremendously. I can see it helping me. 

So my main point was, I guess, does this focus on habit change  serve those of us on a quest for something more than ego satisfaction in terms of worldly success? I am going to make that my main focus.

To begin, I will start by saying "wholesome" habit change serves the human. If it serves the human, it will serve the Being, Soul, Self, Consciousness, Energy field etc...whatever you want to call it. Though body, mind, and heart are only parts of who we are and not who we are at the deepest level, it is important to keep them wholesome and moving freely on the path to more. ( "More" here meaning at the deeper level. )

As humans we are meant to grow and expand continously...as Consciousness we are meant to grow and expand outward from this human form we are somewhat contained in.  Growth and expansion is everything. Clear reminds us of that over and over again in the book.  It is a never ending process. One of the first things he teaches in Chapter One is that it isn't so much about the goals but about the process or systems we are using. 

It is unlikely that your actual path through life will match the exact journey you had in mind when you set out. [This is a basic spiritual truth.]...When you fall in love with the process rather than the product, you dont have to wait to give yourself permission to be happy. You can be satisfied anytime your system is running. ...True long term thinking is about goal-less thinking. It is not about any single accomplishment. It is about the cycle of endless refinement and continous improvement. Ultimately, it is your committment to the process that will determine your progress.  page 26-27

Habit change and spirituality are all about the bigger picture!

All is well.

James Clear (2018) Atomic Habits. New York: Avery


No comments:

Post a Comment