Friday, April 12, 2024

The Unconscious Pattern of "Would Rather Be"

 Drop into the present moment directly.

Eckhart Tolle

We have a tendency, don't we? A mental pattern of wishing we were anywhere but here and now. I am thinking of all the bumper stckers I see on cars I am driving behind: "I would rather be fishing!"  "I would rather be sleeping". "I would rather be in another city or country. etc" I have my tea cup beside me with a  caption on it, "I would rather be doing yoga!" (Hmm! That is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it to put "doing" , "rather be", and "yoga" in the same sentence?) 

Anyway we gotta stop "rathering" and start being in the moments we are n. 

All is well.

Eckhart Tolle ( April 1, 2024) The Art of Presence-Guided Meditation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCeh3_WPzY

No comments:

Post a Comment