Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Use Unhappiness For Your Practice

 Whatever arises in life is to be used as your practice...until your inner state is not determined by outer events...that's awakening.

Eckhart Tolle

"My" awakening is just awakening because there really is no "my", right? I know, I know...."crazy lady's talking the woo-woo again". :) Someday, if you don't already, you will see the bit I am seeing now...or hopefully, go far beyond that. That is why I share what I share, I guess.  I am seeing so few distinctions between my story and story, my version of life and Life these days, between me and you. There really is no "personal" in Life is there? .It is all about learning, all about growing...like a plant toward the light (heliotropic effect). The light=Enlightenment=awakening. We are all in different stages of this growth, at different levels of understanding and awareness.. .When we talk about being truly happy ...this is it. This is what real happiness is...something that can not be disturbed by that which happens to us or around us.  It is in  nonreactive presence where peace is found and it is from this peace that we have happiness.

 It all begins with accepting and allowing whatever arises in our moment to simply be. Eckhart Tolle, in the below video,  tells us that accepting what is will alleviate 95% of our suffering. We will all feel unhappy from time to time.  When I think of the suffering of my loved ones, I feel a certain unhappiness in my inner state. Unhappiness can not survive very long with acceptance. If we are resisting what happens like the reactive pain body is so in the habit of doing, however, we get lost in our unhappiness. We become   "the unhappiness sufferer" and when we are not aware of how we are feeling, what we are doing, we feed the pain body with our thoughts.  The reaction escalates into some ferocious entity attempting to consume all. This is what this beautiful, lovely but resisting individual did a few days ago. 

There is a practice that can take us to happiness and that practice is being aware of our inner states.

The primary factor in any situation is your inner state because it will determine how you will respond...Eckhart Tolle

Hmm! This is a very challenging situation to deal with someone who because of pain keeps feeding that which keeps her stuck in pain. I so want her suffering to end but her reactivity and therefore her resistance is in the way of her healing. This could take "me" down if I am not careful and if I do not continue to be mindful of my inner state. I need to stay out of my head and in that "deeper dimension of consciousness" Tolle talks about.

May she be well. May she and all beings be free from suffering.

Man...it is hard not to come here everyday. 

All is well! 

Eckhart Tole (Aug 2, 2022) Accepting Your Unhappiness to be Happy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wd2CMXhU0s

No comments:

Post a Comment