Sunday, August 21, 2022

Nonjudgmental Observation and Peace

 If we observe ourselves truthfully and non-judgmentally, seeing the mechanisms of our personality in action, we can wake up, and our lives can be a miraculous unfolding of beauty and joy. 

Don Richard Riso

I did up this video with others in mind but as I review it I realize I can learn from it. (Well that is a good thing ...at least someone will lol...my readership is down to the wee, wee numbers again.). I have been lost in mind and consumed by a heavy negative emotion lately.  I might have been feeding my personality.  Time for some mindfulness practice.  I cannot say that, at this point, I am experiencing a "miraculous unfolding of beauty and joy", but I always feel a certain peace when I do come back to my moment.



So there is a disidentification from the movement of thought and the fluctuating emotions. There is a stepping back.  You are not repressing anything. You are allowing it. But you can only allow it because there is an awareness. And that awareness is you, ultimately.

All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment