Monday, August 15, 2022

Allowing the Infinite In

 We are in misery because we are creatures of self.  The self that is unyielding and narrow, reflecting no light, blind to the infinite.  Our “self” is loud with its own discordant clamor. It  is not the tuned harp whose chords  vibrate with the music of the eternal. Our souls sigh with discontent. Weariness of failure, idol regrets for the past and anxieties for the future trouble our shallow  hearts because we have not found our souls and the revealing infinite spirit has not been manifest within us... It is a stifling shroud of death, this self gratification, this insatiable greed, this pride of possession, this insolent alienation of heart. 

Rabindranath Tagore (quote may not be exactly as heard)

I am reading(listening to) Rabindranath Tagore's Sadhana: The Realization of Life. I came across a few things that  resonated within me. I began reading this book of essays because  I love Tagore's poetry.  Wrote my take on A Moment's Indulgence. See link below.  I am not sure if it is ego referring you to that article or not...the part of me that still wants to call my self a writer...or the deeper part of me that wants to share what I learn.  I don't know. Anyway, I am getting to the point I am ready to let go of the remains of my "little me" that is struggling to get by.  And this book shows up. He is very wise.  Hmm! 

There was this prayer that was recited that I scribbled down and it too may not be exactly as heard. 

·         Thou self revealing one, reveal thyself in me. Oh thou awe filled one, save us with thy smile of  grace ever and ever more. Oh thou awe filled one, rend this dark covering twain and let the saving beam of thy smile of grace strike through this night of gloom and awaken my soul.  From unreality, lead me to the real; from darkness to light; rom death to life.

Anyway...all is well. Why?  Because all is as it is. 

Rabindranath Tagore/ Greatest Audio Books. Sadahana: The Realization of Life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVE9mV0ZYb4

The Mindful Word https://www.themindfulword.org/2017/learning-tagore-take-break/

No comments:

Post a Comment