Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Bare Naked Is-Ness

 Through the pressure of challenge, we are being awakened.

Eckhart Tolle

I am off a bit.  Not at home and things are a bit different for me so my writing has been sporadic and distracted.  Anyway, managed to listen to Eckhart Tolle today and was inspired by the above words. I know I am waking up more and more everyday.

In the video linked below Tolle encourages  us to ask this question, when we are facing difficult situations: 

If I didn't add any narrative to this situation that I am finding myself in, how would I experience this situation?

He tells us if we were able to get out of the story, out of the judgement that " this is bad, wrong, shouldn't be,"  and back into the moment we would be able to experience the bare naked is-ness of that moment...rather than the story, the drama, the problem. We might feel our contact points with the earth or surface...our feet on the ground, our sitz bones on the chair.  We might be aware of what our senses are picking up...what we are seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and what our skin is experiencing. We may notice our grounding breath and what thoughts or feelings are crossing our psyche without getting caught up  in any of it. The burden of "me" will slip off and we will just be observer of the moment and the moment itself. 

We might actually realize  and say to ourselves "Without the narration, I feel alive."

Hmm! Something to think about.

All is well. 

Eckhart Tolle ( December, 2021) Clearing the "Excess Baggage" of Unhappiness/Eckhart Tolle Teachings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiAFK1tAHdI

No comments:

Post a Comment